Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT)
The University was established in 1971 with an objective to offer programme across a spectrum of disciplines in frontier areas ranging from engineering, science and technology to humanities, law and management. The pursuit of excellence through these programmes has given CUSAT a national and international acclaim. The academic diversity evidenced in the curricula ranging from traditional courses in science to the most advanced programmes in technology and and research in frontier areas is the unique strength of CUSAT.It is this strength which makes the University a highly sought-after institution worldwide for academic collaborations and exchange programmes.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The University has established Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in 2007 in accordance with the guidelines of National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). As per NAAC guidelines every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
MissionIQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
FunctionsSome of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
6. Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
7. Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
8. Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining enhancing the institutional quality.
9. Development of Quality Culture in the institution. 10. Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
1. Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
2. Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
3. Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
4. Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
5. Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the institution.
6. Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.
IQAC may be constituted in every institution under the Chairmanship of the Head of the institution with heads of important academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists and representatives of local management and stakeholders.
The composition of the IQAC may be as follows:
1. Chairperson: Head of the Institution.
2. A few Senior Administrative Officers.
3. Three to eight teachers.
4. One member from the Management.
5. One/two nominees from Local Society, Students and Alumni.
6. One/two nominees from Employers /Industrialists/stakeholders.
7. One of the senior teachers as the coordinator/Director of the IQAC.
Prof. (Dr.) J. Letha
Prof. (Dr.) P.G.Sankaran
Dr. David Peter S.
Prof. (Dr.) K. Girish Kumar
Director, IQACProfessor, Dept. Of Applied Chemistry
Sri. Sebastian Ouseph
Finance OfficerCUSAT, Kochi-682022
Prof. (Dr.) S. Harikumar
ProfessorDept. Of. Applied Economics
Prof. (Dr.) G.Madhu
ProfessorSchool of Engineering
Dr. Sangeetha K. Prathap
Asst. ProfessorSchool of Management Studies
Dr. S.M. Sunoj
ProfessorDept. Of Statistics
Dr. A.A. Mohammed Hatha
ProfessorDept. Of Marine Biology, Microbiology & Biochemistry
Dr. Sunil K. Narayanankutty
Controller of ExaminationsProfessor ,Dept. Of Polymer Science & Rubber Technology
Dr. Aneesh V. Pillai
Asst. ProfessorSchool of Legal Studies
Dr. George Mathew
ProfessorSchool of Engineering
Dr. Pramod Gopinath
ProfessorInternational School of Photonics
Dr. Satheesan K.
Associate ProfessorDept. Of Atmospheric Sciences
Dr. Supriya M.H.
ProfessorDept. Of Electronics
Dr. A. Vijayakumar
ProfessorDept. Of Mathematics
Sri. George Paul
Member of SyndicateVice Chairman Synthite Industries Ltd.
Dr. M.K. Jayaraj
Member of SyndicateProfessor, Dept. Of Physics
Dr. M. Bhasi
Convener, Standing Committee of Syndicate on Academic MattersProfessor, School of Management Studies
Dr. K. Paulose Jacob
Former Pro-Vice-Chancellor, CUSAT & Head, Scientific Computing Panel, Navel Research BoardNominee from Local Society
Dr. N.G.K. Pillai
Director (Retd.), Central Marine Fisheries Research InstituteNominee from Local Society
Dr. K.R. Suresh Nair
Chief Technology Officer, NEST GroupNominee from Local Society
Internal Quality Assurance Cell is conceived as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the University. Also it is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance and Quality Enhancement activities of the University. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.The meeting of its members are scheduled periodically, and the minutes will be made available for all, for information.Minutes of Meeting ATR of Meeting Minutes Archive